Hello! We made it! Another week has passed but this week is extra special as it’s time to officially say goodbye to the spring 2014 semester. Graduate school has been a whirlwind of excitement, stress, and overall accomplishment. It can be quite an emotional roller-coaster but the feeling of accomplishment and success are totally worth the hard work, stress and overwhelming feelings that come with it. Hooray for one more semester to go!
Today is another roundup of my Friday favorites from this week!
1. Weddings on Pinterest: All day. every day.
2. Etsy: I have heard a ton of amazing things about this site, and I’ve finally taken a look at some of the products they offer. It really is just as good as everyone’s been saying! Not only are they unique gift ideas, but they’re also reasonable prices and the shipping is quick and efficient, too.
3. Hosting girl’s night tomorrow: I’ve been planning appetizer’s for a fun girl’s night I’m hosting tomorrow night! Guac, quinoa salad, bruschetta, and much, much more 🙂 It’s so fun to host and I’m so excited to catch up, drink wine, look at wedding magazines and enjoy some healthy apps!
4. Mother’s Day! Since Mother’s Day is just around the corner, there are plenty of sites listing some of their top gifts for our favorite mama’s. Here’s a few links with some great ideas: Shape magazine, PBFingers, Men’s Health and this adorable video of two kids making breakfast for their mom.
5. Orange and tomato slices: I’m going through a SERIOUS phase right now. Every morning I’ll have orange or tomato slices with breakfast. They are so delicious, juicy AND nutritious! Obsession of the week is an understatement. We’ll see how long this lasts.
6. Martha’s Vineyard: Frank and I are going to a wedding next weekend on Martha’s Vineyard and we’ve both never been before! I’ve only heard wonderful things about the island and can’t wait to see it in person! It’s also been forever since either of us have been to a wedding and this is actually the first wedding we’ll be attending together!
7. Running in the rain: This morning I set out for a 3 mile run followed by a circuit which was all about the arms. It felt great to do a cardio/strength combination as tomorrow will be my first long-run Saturday. About half way through my run it started to rain, so naturally I started running faster, but it did feel great to run in the rain! I reminisced about the day’s we’d play in absolute downpours at URI. There was nothing like it!
Alright, that’s it for this week! Have a wonderful Friday and enjoy your weekend!!