A delicious meal is never complete without a delicious side to bring it all together.
Asparagus is one of my favorite sunny day sides that can be cooked in a number of different ways. I love keeping it simple by roasting it in the oven with a little extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper, but last night I tried something a little different and it turned out better than I imagined! If you’re looking for a simple and quick side dish, this could be your new go-to.
Roasted Balsamic Asparagus with Cherry Tomatoes and Mushrooms
1 bunch of cleaned asparagus (be sure to snap off the ends)
1/2 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
6 button mushrooms, peeled and sliced
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
4 tbsp. freshly shaved parmesan cheese
1. Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees
2. Place the prepared asparagus, tomatoes and mushrooms on a greased pan
3. Add the oil and all of the seasonings; toss until well coated
4. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar on top of the coated vegetables
5. Place in oven and cook for 15 minutes until the asparagus are tender
6. Sprinkle parmesan on top of the heated vegetables; once the cheese starts to melt, it’s ready to serve!
Serve with a protein and side salad and you’re good to go! This particular dish was enjoyed with a piece of baked BBQ chicken and a spinach salad with homemade red wine vinaigrette. Yum!