After Friday night’s dinner, we had plenty of ingredients left over. As you know, I love breakfast. So, combining our leftovers with a fluffy omelet seemed like the perfect thing to do!
*This omelet serves one, but the photos show that I made two separate omelets. One for Frank, one for me!
1 tomato, diced
1/4 cup of fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
2 strips of proscuitto, ripped into smaller pieces
1. Whip up the eggs so they’re nice and fluffy. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
2. Spray the pan with light olive oil and turn the heat up to medium.
3. Pour the eggs into the pan and cover. Let the bottom of the omelet start to cook and by covering it, the top will cook, too. Flip the omelet over (be gentle so you don’t break it), turn to low heat.
4. Immediately add the mozzarella, tomato and proscuitto on one half of the omelet.
5. Fold over the omelet so it resembles a half moon.
6. Press the top with your spatula and allow the mozzarella to start melting.
7. Remove omelet to your serving plate, and top with avocado and Frank’s Red Hot (of course!).
The avocado adds a nice creamy texture to the omelet while also providing some healthy fats!