Good morning and happy Monday! We’re entering our last week of January which includes the “Historic Blizzard Heading East” (NBC Today) tonight and into tomorrow as well as the much anticipated Super Bowl this weekend. As for the storm coming in tonight, we made sure to tackle our groceries yesterday afternoon, prepping for what could be one of the top 5 worst blizzards of all time! Stay warm and safe, everyone!
Speaking of groceries, the store was packed, as everyone had the same idea as we did yesterday. As we strolled the busy aisles, we had one thing in mind, which was filling our cart with lots of veggies and fruits, to help prepare us for a productive and healthy week ahead!
Here is a breakdown of our planned meals for the week along with our groceries and prep work!
Sunday: Smokey Turkey Chili
Monday: Baked lemon and dill salmon with roasted rosemary asparagus and kale salad
Tuesday: Leftover chili with kale salad
Wednesday: Teriyaki marinated chicken thighs with roasted broccoli
Thursday: Leftover chicken with kale and mushroom stir fry
Friday: Lemon and rosemary roasted chicken breasts with frozen veggies
Saturday: Wing it
Breakfasts: Oatmeal, eggs with kale/avocado, coffee
Lunch: Salads with marinated chicken
Snacks: Apples, clementines, bananas, almonds, veggie sticks, power bowls (black beans, spinach, hard-boiled eggs, hot sauce and pepper; mix and enjoy!)
- Red onion/Shallots
- Snow peas
- 3 lb. Ground Turkey
- 1 lb. Salmon
- Chicken (Boneless, skinless thighs and boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- Silk Almond Milk
- Plain Greek Yogurt
- Black beans
- Red Kidney beans
- White beans
- Diced tomatoes
- Crushed tomatoes
- Fresh veggie snack bags: Sliced up sticks of celery and cucumber, baby carrots and snow peas
- Chopped veggies for salads: Cucumber, peppers, rinsed tomatoes
- Marinated and baked chicken for salads: 4 chicken breasts, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar, and generous sprinkles of salt, pepper, oregano, and Montreal chicken seasoning
- Marinated chicken to freeze for the week: Soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and chili garlic sauce
- Hard boiled eggs
- Opened and rinsed can of black beans
- Rinsed kale: Two bags (one rinsed and refrigerated, the other rinsed and marinated with olive oil, the juice of 1/2 a lemon, salt and pepper)
After prep was done for the week, I dove right into Sunday dinner. Warm and lean, wintery Smokey Turkey Chili. I followed my usual Group Turkey Chili recipe but added a few twists to make it even more flavorful!
That recipe will make an appearance on the blog soon!
Have a great week and please, stay safe on those roads!